IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Hi, I currently have my S1's balanced output feeding my main system's L-R front speakers. I have a new headphone amp, an Audeze combination DAC/Headphone amp, that I would like to connect to the S1 via the unbalanced outputs.

Because I don't want to disconnect the XLRs every time I use the headphones, I am wondering if there are any issue with keeping the balanced outputs connected to my main preamp (which will remain powered down) when using the unbalanced outputs to drive the headphone preamp. My gut reaction is that it would be ok because the two output are well-isolated within the S1 but I'd like to hear it from Lumin engineering or someone who has done the same thing.

Thank you!

i do the same thing with my schiit gungnir multibit -- it's not an issue at all. i would expect the same from the lumin.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 5 months later...
14 hours ago, wklie said:

I think so.  On Android you may also also use other apps such as Linn Kazoo and Bubble DS Next.

Meanwhile, check out the US$329 new iPad.

thanks for the reply.  i asked because your app is quite good -- better than the others except for not being able to get to tidal.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, msr said:

I am wondering if the xlr outputs of LUMIN T1 is trully balanced.

thanks for any reply.

Marcelo

what makes you wonder that?

from their web site for the t1:

image.thumb.png.87d2b2eb06e1bd3a3da2331b0e898d95.png

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, smolteni said:

Great do you know where i can find this feature in Room (just download an evaluation but i cannot find).

Thank you.

Click on the speaker in the bottom right corner, then click on the cogs.

image.thumb.png.b826c4221cd2abd9ca0c1e1eb4e1402c.png

56 minutes ago, smolteni said:

jcn3 thank you

i've to activate Volume levelling... but this option can degrade QOS?

the volume leveling would have to be done in the digital domain, so technically the output wouldn't be bit perfect.  now whether you can tell a difference is another matter -- give it try and see what you think.  i'd trust your ears.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, mc said:

Hi,

when (occasionally) streaming sound to Lumin U1 mini via Airplay, and having upsampling to DSD128 enabled on U1 mini (which is my usual setup), there is strong "clicking” noise added over played sound. When upsampling on U1 is turned off, this "clicking” sound disappears. When streaming directly from U1 (with or without upsampling), no "clicking", so it seems related to Airplay only.

Have someone experienced something similar or does it seem I have something wrong in my setup?

BTW, would be there any chance of adding Airplay 2 support to U1 mini sometimes in the future?

Thanks,

(mc)

doesn't airplay max out at 16/44?

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@wklie Any idea these tracks are partially out of order? Also the first three have parentheses in the title. 

308731F0-5618-44F3-82CD-D360D8EFD38B.png

i notice that the genre's are different ("pop"  vs. "pop/rock") -- looks like it's sorting by genre then track number . . . 

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, keeper said:

Hello

Can i run a Lumin app on the Microsoft Surface Go?

Will support be offered for the Neo and Duo?

i don't think so -- just tablets and phones.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Ropet said:

This looks like a minimserver issue to my eyes. My advice to you is to contact https://forum.minimserver.com/

I'm sure you will get a fast reply and accurate solutions. Their service is top notch. 

@Berlin -- you also need to install minimwatch. Minimwatch is the tool to do detailed configuration of minimserver.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DrNikonian said:

Hi there,

My Lumin T1 failed to recognize any type of HDD you mentioned above, except USB thumb drive.
But Linn app on my iphone or Macbook can read and play contents of HDD attached to Lumin without any difficulty.

I guess the problem is from Lumin app.

Please advise. Thank you for your patience.

It was mentioned earlier that attached devices can only get 500ma from the Lumin, only enough to support a USB drive.

• 3 years later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:57 AM, wklie said:

For users who purchased a Lumin Roon Ready network streamer in 2023, you may get a 60-day Roon trial code by e-mail [email protected] with subject “Request Roon trial code” with a photo showing the invoice (with Lumin model, date, and dealer).

Note that Roon requires a Windows 10 / 11 / Mac computer with 16GB RAM.

You can also use ROCK or deploy on Linux.