IGNORED

Static or somerhing?

zenpmd

Can anyone help?

I am having some difficulties with the Nuforce HDP's USB Cable. If I even so much as touch the end which attaches to the computer, I get immediate crackling in the headphones and JRiver crashes as I think it immediately disconnects it.

Are you able to tell me what is happening and how to avoid it?

The same does not happen on the cable end going into the HDP.

Thanks

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

It sounds like you may have a faulty termination in the PC end USB plug, or a faulty USB socket on the PC (unlikely)

It could also be an ill fitting plug. Is it able to be fully inserted ?

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Hello zenpmd;

Simple troubleshooting. First change the usb connection to another usb port at the computer to see if that port is acting up.

Secondly i, if that doesn't work, get another usb cable even if a cheapy from walmart, and see if it's replacing the other solves the problem.

Thirdly, let us know if either of those helped.

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz