IGNORED

t-Jays Four IEM with Jays Curves (Dirac DSP) app review

I was able to use an external amp with the Dirac player successfully, something that Dirac is designed to prevent. It may require having a dummy headphone plugged into the i-device headphone jack to make Dirac stay on, but it works, opening up the possibility for Dirac'ing of large headphones.

• 3 weeks later...

i was intrigued by the idea of "speaker correction" for headphones and the Dirac approach. In principle, headphones shojuld be much easier to correct than speakers, because you don't have the room to contend with. I tried the Jays Four headphones with the Jays Curve app on my iPhone after reading Dale's good review. You can go to the Jays web site and see how the Dirac software improves the impulse response- it's not just frequency EQ. The headphones sounded extremely good for~ $100 + $2.99 app. I was wondering if headphone folks will ever try correction software like Dirac, Audiolense, etc. on headphones with computer playback. It should be possible to tailor correction to each headphone and I hope we'll see more people trying and sharing results. But it might take someone with the right headphone measuring setup to provide correction files.