IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

11 minutes ago, arglebargle said:

Greetings. Complete newbie question about linear power supplies and my CuBox i4pro NAA. I bought one of these 5V Breeze Audio "el cheapo" power supplies on eBay. After 12 hrs use I noticed the readout has drifted from 5.5v to 5.9 and then even 6.0v. Verified these numbers with a multimeter so it's not an inaccurate display.  Is this normal / safe?  I'm guessing not! and thinking I should be initiating a return. Or does the CuBox only draw what is needed? In the meantime I've switched to the stock adapter (which on the same outlet measured 5.25v)  Thanks for any info.

Have you tried manually adjusting the output voltage?

I had a similar unit, although it had a different transformer. To open it up, you need to remove the top two screws from the front panel with a 2.5mm metric allen key. Remove the top two screws from the rear panel with a phillips head screwdriver. Lift off the cover, and switch it on. Use an eyeglasses screwdriver, or very small jeweler's screwdriver to adjust the trim pot. It's the little brass screw on that blue rectangular thing.

It shouldn't fluctuate more than 1/10 volt up or down, although, as has been pointed out, it doesn't matter with the connected device.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 1.38.07 PM.jpg