IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

i'm installing hqplayerd embedded and am making progress.

i've followed the instructions on http://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html

my pc is a 5i5 NUC running ubuntu 16.01 LTS.

i've installed and configured hqplayerd and rygel, and when i open them in separate windows, i can see the renderer on my network, so i'm ok up to the 'starting the renderer' section.

next step is to install and run the headless server.

i've installed everything except the linux-image-rt-amd64 package............is this a 'stretch' requirement or do i also need it for ubuntu 16?

at this point, i've set up the 'music' login and tlm but i'm stuck with failures on the step 7

Login as user music and check that components get started properly using command "/etc/session.d/user-session"

any suggestions on what i should look for next? i can post the error messages from step 7 if that helps.

my guess would be that i need a RT kernel for ubuntu, but i'm not sure where to find it, etc.

thanks

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ericuco said:

I tried the NAA Cubox Rendu image with my opticalRendu and couldn’t get it to connect to HQP Desktop. The NAA never showed up under Settings. Tried different things with DAC (Holo Cyan DSD) - disconnect/connect USB & reboot, etc. - but never got it to work.

Put the original Sonore card back in & everything promptly connected as usual.

did its ip address show up in a network scan?

fyi........i was using hqpe running under audiolinux, accessing hqpe via web interface on port 8088.......on config page, there were 3 naa: options available (naa:usb, naa:hdmi and naa:spdif though only the first is available on the oRendu)

On 2/14/2020 at 2:23 PM, ericuco said:

I didn't do a network scan but the light on the Mikrotik switch indicated that there was a connection established.

when i have problems, i always do a ip network scan.

if the device is not showing up, that's a big clue.

also, can you ping the oRendu?

as an example, sometimes i've found that a new IP address has been assigned by dhcp unexpectedly.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, Solstice380 said:

I hate when that happens! LOL  @cat6man I use the Fing app on my phone to scan for the new addresses - you probably know about that one.

yup, fing is great.

on my ubuntu machines, i use angryIP scanner

also, i eventually learned, and periodically re-learn, to manually assign the IP address at the router/DHCP server so that they don't change on me.