IGNORED

New How to Destroy Angels EP Due 11/13

If you are not familiar with How to Destroy Angels, it is a side project with Trent Reznor (NIN), Atticus Ross, and Mariqueen Maandig (Trent's Wife). It is a combination of slower, deeper Nine Inch Nails with Mariqueen's voice. Great stuff.

I have been a big fan of Trent's work because it always seems well mastered and he often releases his music in hi-res for fans like us.

You can download their current EP at How To Destroy Angels for free in MP3 or pay a whole $2 for FLAC or even 24/44 WAV.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Yes, I've been waiting for some new Reznor material myself!

Between this and his rendition of the new Call of Duty theme song, and hints at some new NIN material in the future, this is going to be an exciting end of 2012 / 2013!

Great visuals on this How to Destroy Angels video as well.

PI Audio ÜberBUSS > Synology DS1813+ > TP-Link MC220L > Sonore opticalRendu > Holo Audio Spring DAC L3 > Goldpoint SA1X > Hegel H20 > Salk SoundScape 10's > GIK / PI Audio Group Room Treatments > :)

• 2 weeks later...

So spent the $5 and pre-ordered the FLAC version of the EP. I downloaded it as soon as it came out on Tuesday and moved to the server. I have listened several times over the past few days. So far, I am not that impressed.

The first track, "Keep It Together", which was released on the site as a video is the best track. The rest are average, with nothing standing out.

The first album had beat, and was a bit more techno / industrial, but with Mariqueen's vocals. Most of this album seems more along the lines of the NIN Ghosts project with ambient sounds.

I like the Ghosts project as a sort of one off side project. Based on the first HTDA EP I was looking for more of a hard edge offset by her voice.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

• 3 months later...

So you can pre-order the full How to Destroy Angels album due out March 5th. For $12 you can get the CD plus a 24/96 FLAC. Good stuff!

How To Destroy Angels Store