IGNORED

Cambridge Audio 840c and KingRex

Hello,

I recently sold my stand alone dac, and I am having trouble getting my Cambridge Audio 840c to recognize a digital signal. *My system is a Mac mini to KingRex UC384 USB/SPDIF to 840c. *The 840c keeps saying "unlocked". *That means it isn't receiving a digital signal. *Any ideas? *Cd still works flawlessly.

Not owning either product but just a guess...how do you have the KingRex configured in the Mac Audio MIDI settings? Just double checking to see if you have the output set to 24 bit/192kHz...is there any sound if you change the output to something like 24/96 or lower? What software are you using for playback?

The KingRex manual also suggests running Mac OS X 10.6 in the manual I found on Moon Audio's website. Is there any way to check if you are sending PCM audio through the KingRex? This CA FAQ makes mention of accepting any two channel SPDIF or PCM stream.

I see there's a UC192 and a UD384...which model do you have? I see the UC192 has a firmware update available here while the UD384 might have one available here ? (It is hard to decipher their manual and their website at times for me)

May or may not be helpful...just trying to think of a few things to check...

Office: iPod classic/iPad -> Shure SE425 IEM Home: Oppo BDP-83/Synology DS211j -> Integra DTR-7.8 -> Revel speakers

I actually have a UC 384, which is an upgraded converter, not dac. I am using Audirvana. Thanks so much for the reply.

As a test, you may want to try inserting a (cheap) high speed USB hub before your USB to SPDIF converter. If this works, leave it in the chain. Worked with my former CA 840C (but a different front end from yours).

Guido F.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.