IGNORED

Digital Audio Denmark DAC

Yes, you are right. The Mykerinos card is about $3700. The MADI2 daughter card is about $3200. Then you will need the software... about $3200.... oh wait! You need the High Sample Rate add on $450... you want to do DSD/DXD? add another $4000!!!

We've spent just over $20k on our rig... not counting computer.

A full blown DAD AX24 with everything is another $20k

Not cheap folks!

Regards,

What other options would you suggest for your typical 2 channel, 192K, audiophile? It would be useful if the extra 6 channels could be applied to home theater. However, while it seeems that the pro gear provides better quality for equivalent or less dollars, it also provides more functionality and capabilities than the typical audiophile needs.

There's always the Lynx Aurora 8. I'm considering it for home theater functionality (especially given the cost of the DAD systems, but it seems like Lynx Studios are not that supportive of using their equipment purely for A/V playback rather than recording. Blu-Ray playback is a must otherwise the Lynx Aurora is just so much wasted cash for me.

Here's a 2 channel DAD AX24:

http://vintageking.com/Digital-Audio-Denmark-DAD-AX24-2-Channel-D-A-DSD

So can you get the high definition audio formats through that lynx two-b setup? (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) ? Not downsampled or nuffink?

I'm guessing you can't play HRx recordings at 24/176.4 without resampling them down with the Lynx Two? That would be a reason to consider Aurora 8, but the cost jump is spectacular!

• 3 months later...

Hello Bruce,

I've read on your posts that in the past you connected the DV-RA1000HD as the storage device for DSD capture of live performances with your DAD AX24. Wanted to confirm what I suspect, your AX24 has SPIF-3 I/O capability as this is the only format the Tascam supports for DSD I/O?

THANKS!

Sean A

SDAAudio.com