IGNORED

Mcintosh DACs????

Has anyone used any Mcintosh DACs for computer audio? Such as the MDA1000 (macs flagship dac), or the MCD500 (a cd player with 2 digital inputs, with a supposedly high end dac built in).

The reason I am asking is that I am changing out my system from Bel Canto products to Mcintosh, and potentially switching my BC Dac3 for one of those Mac products.

As of right now I am using a mac mini, so at some point I may need some type of usb -> spdif converter, to avoid using the toslink?

Thanks

tmesselt

Are you referring using the 24/96 usb link with my BC setup? Or just as an alternative to using toslink or usb in any setup? If also for the Mac setup, would I be able to expect less jitter and higher sound quality over using the toslink from my mini -> dac?

I currently have only used my kimber usb, and a cheap toslink cable. I have not got one of the more expensive toslink cables because I just don't think that is the option I want to go with from what I have read.

Also anyone else with experience using mcintosh dacs in comparison to others reviewed on this site for use with computer audio please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tmesselt

Oh, nothing I think that its a great dac. I really like that fact that it has a volume control with a remote control so I have been using it as a pre/dac directly into my amps. The upgrade bug has hit, and I am just looking to go in a new direction and just checking out some options.

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

So for the type of setup that I am loooking it.

(ie. Mac Mini => DAC)

Are there some other options to consider besides the Bel Canto USBlink?

The Mac Pro w/ lynx soundcard is at the bottom of a long list of gear I plan to get.

tmesselt

• 2 years later...