IGNORED

V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Limited & M-80 video review

Both are very enjoyable with any music genre. Built like a tank so you don't have to worry about them breaking. The bad part about that is V-Moda will sell less headphones because they lasts. When you feel like Rap/Hip-Hop or electronic music, the LP2 is much more enjoyable than the M80. I wish there was ONE headphone that does both well, but that may be more money than $199-$230.

Beyer is now making a bass-tuneable custom series that doesn't cost too much. I don't have one yet, but I'm going to eventually. Since their $99 DTX501p is so good, maybe their custom bass-tune series will be good at that price point. What mitigates against that is the fact that the DTX501p is an OEM and I don't know if that's true of the custom. So there's a question of quality, in my mind.

What concerns me more is the greed of all these headphone distributors who are fattening up the bass on the recommendations of guys from you-know-where, to the detriment of young people's hearing, who are turning up the volume to be able to hear the details. There should be *explicit* warnings with all headphones that are deliberately tuned away from neutral, to warn not just about volume, but what causes the urge to turn it up.

But I think you can see that the mfrs. will never do this unless we pressure them...

I remember seeing volume level warnings inside the manual of most headphones sold these days. The fact that no one reads it including me is another issue. :)

As I've said again and again, volume per se is not the issue. Volume turned up excessively because of distortions (i.e. excessive bass) masking the details - that's the issue. Nobody cares now, do they?

Edit: BTW, I don't think hearing damage in children is something to laugh about.