IGNORED

Beyerdynamic Headphones

Does anyone else find them uncomfortable? I am pleased with the performance of the 770s but find they squeeze the sides of my head. Does anyone else find this?

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

TO make matters worse, I can barely tell the difference between T1 and 770!

All I notice is that the T1 gives more space, more balance across the whole piece of music and more warmth. But it costs £800 more! Not £800 better.

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

TO make matters worse, I can barely tell the difference between T1 and 770! All I notice is that the T1 gives more space, more balance across the whole piece of music and more warmth. But it costs £800 more! Not £800 better.

I wouldn't be surprised that the $99 USD Beyer DTX501p sounds nearly as good with a slight treble boost. It sounds much better in the midrange than a $350 Sennheiser Amperior, and similar to the Shure 1840.

Interestingly, the other major difference is that the T1 are more natural - it sounds like music. The 770 sounds like a headphone is putting sound into my ear. As a result, when switching between the two, I actually almost whince at the 770, it pumps out some sounds that are too sensitive to my ear, too much treble. I wonder how much is due to the amp being a bit louder with them, after all, we are talking 250 (770) vs 600 (t1)