IGNORED

New headphones announced today. See the list.

What could Philips be thinking? The M1 is a disaster, and the pricy L1 was rated "Mid-Fi" by the prominent reviewers because of excessive bass. Do they think they can release a MORE expensive headphone now and fool everyone? Like, "Oh, wow - did you hear the NEW Philips X1? It's SO much better than the previous versions - better run out and get some!"

(Suckers)

• 2 weeks later...
A ton of new headphones was announced today and perhaps in the coming weeks due to CEDIA. I will try to post some pictures too.

- Philips X1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1789[/ATTACH]

- AKG K551

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1790[/ATTACH]

- Sony MDR-1R

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1791[/ATTACH]

- Sony MDR-Xb900

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1792[/ATTACH]

Well, the Philips look fantastic. For a bass-lover, the XB900 maybe a good deal. What's the price point?

The Philips worries me. The L1, which sounds very hi-fi with bass reduction, has been relegated to mid-fi status by nearly all reviewers because of the excessive bass and how it colors the midrange. The Philips M1 has such a severely depressed treble that not even a treble boost can bring it up to near-hi-fi quality. And to make matters worse, Philips proudly proclaims "High fidelity" on the boxes. So the X1 costs $400 and what is that going to do for all that money? I shudder to think.

I'm about to ship my L1 and M1 to the Philippines this week, donated for free. The M1 particularly, for $250 USD, is possibly the worst value for the price I've even seen or heard.