IGNORED

What is your personal reference audiophile recording (best sound quality)?

Some good choices listed so far. While these are among my best sounding recordings, I also like the music as I don't keep music I don't like. I listed them with the most realistic first.

DL=download

Opus 3 DSD Showcase 1: Various Artists (Opus 3 5.6MHz DSF DL)

Opus 3 DSD Showcase 2: Various Artists (Opus 3 5.6MHz DSF DL)

Puttin' It Down: Terry Evans (AudioQuest Music SACD)

David Johansen and the Harry Smiths (Chesky 24/96 DL)

Wayne Horvitz: Sweeter Than The Day (Songlines SACD)

Dave Grusin: Discovered Again (Sheffield Lab LP)

Bill Berry and his Ellington All-Stars: For Duke (M&K RealTime Direct Disc LP)

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL LP)

Duke Ellington: Blues In Orbit (MFSL SACD)

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

• 1 month later...
Does that mean no Charlie Parker,Hendrix,Miles''birth of the cool,''Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters,Pablo Casals,Louis Armstrong,Duke Ellington......and...and....and...?

Some of the people you listed about have great sounding recordings and of course great musical quality.

One of my top picks was Duke Ellington: Blues In Orbit (MFSL SACD) and both Classic Records and MFSL have released many superb sounding 180/200 gram LPs of Duke Ellington's great music.

Also Experience Hendrix and Sony Japan have released many excellent sounding Jimi Hendrix 180 gram LPs. Even the original pressing of Electric Ladyland is a great sounding recording but the new pressings moves these up a notch.

Also lots of great sounding Louis Armstrong on Classic Records 180/200 LPs.

MFSL has issued Muddy Water's Folk Singer in various formats, the 200 Gram LP once again is superb.

Miles Davis has more great sounding SACDs that you can shake a stick at.

Robert Johnson is very early mono, don't know how much this can be improved, has anyone tried? One can get a lot of modern versions of Robert Johnson songs from Cream and Eric Clapton albums, many with great sonics.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa