IGNORED

Hyperion classical 25% off, including 24/96

Hyperion began offering 24/96 "studio master" downloads of some albums 3 months ago.

If you pre-pay for £59 of purchases, you get a 25% discount, i.e., they charge you £44 for a £59 credit you can use for future purchases. If you want to buy something immediately, you get the 25% discount if the total of your pre-payment and your concurrent purchase is at least £59. So you can buy a £12 24/96 album now plus a £50 pre-payment credit for a total of £62 less 25% = £46.5.

Not all "studio master" downloads are 24/96. Click the "Show FLAC" button at the upper right of the web page to see the actual sample rate.

Studio Masters - Hyperion Records - CDs, MP3 and Lossless downloads

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, I bought the Haydn: Piano Sonatas Vol. 3 by Marc-Andre Hamelin in 96/24 FLAC and it is excellent. Bonus being 2 CD's worth of music for the price of one, and that is not counting the 25% discount for the big spend or pre-payment.

They are also honest and upfront about the recording resolution, "An ever-increasing number of our albums offer Studio Master FLAC & ALAC files. These are 24-bit (or 20-bit in the case of some older recordings) and at whatever sampling frequency (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz) was used by the recording engineer at the time of recording (hence 'Studio Master')."

That is the type of info we should be getting from other purveyors of hires downloads, but that is fine I wiill just buy the 44.1/16 if they are not going to be truthful.

Cheers, enjoying the music,

Blu