IGNORED

Ziggy Stardust 24/96

Finally heard the vinyl and I would have to say that it is my favorite of the bunch. Had the same experience with the Smile Sessions. Must be something in the mastering or distortions of the medium that makes like the vinyl sound better to me with these two titles, which is usually not the case when a digital master is involved.

Thx but no. Got's to have the HR. I had read at one point this was going to be available as a download in HR. Nada.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Thx but no. Got's to have the HR. I had read at one point this was going to be available as a download in HR. Nada.

Yea, this is one I have to get as well. I'm hoping when the initial sales rush of the set tapers off they'll offer it as a down load.

• 2 weeks later...

I also did the DVD-A rip, and agree this is well worth it. The 96kHz version of the original mix is very noticeably better than a CD rip version. It retains some muddiness in places, but no worse than the rebook.

The 48kHz 2003 mix is also worth the listen. I can see the appeal, but they've brought the vocals waaay up in the mix, and for me too much. They also couldn't resist a bit of DR tweakery:

DR values:

Redbook rip - 16

96kHz original mix - 17

2003 mix - 10.4

The price for the DVD-A and the vinyl is the same as I've paid for some HDT downloads, so seems good value to me.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two thumbs up.

I bought this for 39 bucks at Vintage Vinyl which is right around the corner from my work. Gave the 80 gram vinyl to me buddy for 10 bucks. Best money I have spent on music on a long while.

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.

Picked up the album/dvd and ripped the 96/24 2012 remix....I'm really liking the SQ. Well worth the price...

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Vintage Vinyl in Evanston?

Two thumbs up.

I bought this for 39 bucks at Vintage Vinyl which is right around the corner from my work. Gave the 80 gram vinyl to me buddy for 10 bucks. Best money I have spent on music on a long while.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain