IGNORED

Article: Nikki Sixx | The Heroin Diaries

(whine) WHY do I always have to be the one to start up on the controversial stuff?<br />

<br />

While I didn't have Nikki's particular 'choice'. I too am in recovery. Over 25 years on the main one, 10 years on it's backup. ( that equals 10 years, y'all )<br />

<br />

I think that what he is doing is awesome. Thank you for pointing us to this Chris, because I wasn't aware of it. Now that I have absorbed some of what Nikki is doing here, I have gone and looked at what some have said about it. Some of it isn't encouraging. I will really not listen to anything that those critics who panned him on this project say about anything after this - like I listen to most critics anyway....<br />

<br />

I suppose folks don't want to ...... what is it? ..... admit to personal demons? Acknowledge weakness or illness? Stop doing what is killing them? .... I don't know. While it IS better to burn out than fade away (IMO), there are better ways to burn out. I do know that I was a river in Egypt that flowed the wrong way for many years. Nikki says it best: "on the other side of it, it is F***ING killer."<br />

<br />

Bravo, Nikki.<br />

<br />

markr

Pretty cool Mark! <br />

<br />

This book is a really interesting and eye opening read. As I said in the article the book is much more than tales of groupies and backstage antics. I actually have a friend who knows a former tour manager of Motley Crue's and says Nikki is one hell of a guy now. <br />

<br />

On another note -<br />

Like his music or not, he was very smart to get ownership of the Crue master tapes from Elektra a few years ago. He has also made some pretty good business decisions and is now President of Eleven Seven Records. Band's on his label include Buckcherry, Trapt, Drowning Pool, Marion Raven and Chosen Son. All of this only possible since he has kicked his debilitating habits.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yeah Chris, my hat is off to Nikki. I too have found in the last 10 years that the catharsis of revelation and openness is to be preferred to the relative isolation of anonymity. I suppose that some don't want to hear about it though.<br />

<br />

markr