IGNORED

Article: Sonny Rollins, MusicGiants, No DRM, and 24 bit / 88.2 KHz Downloads

Right now the method I used is the only method I know of that doesn't down sample from 24/88.2 to 16/44.1. MAX won't even import the wma lossless files from this album even thought they are DRM-Free. There are other OS X applications that will convert wma to aiff, but they also convert to 16/44.1.<br />

<br />

I hope somebody has a solution that we don't know about yet!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The question is how do I get the HD out to an external DAC? USB interfaces (e.g. USB to I2S) are limited to 48, Airport Express is limited to 44.1, The only options seems to be sound card with spdif or Firewire to spdif boxes. What's the best (best value) solution?

www.hifiduino.wordpress.com

Hey glt - There are very few USB DACs that will convert 24 bit / 96 KHz audio. We started a lits a while back, but it has gone unattended for a while. Here is the link to the forum topic http://www.computeraudiophile.com/node/58<br />

<br />

Right now the Benchmark DAC1 USB is a good value. It all depends on your definition of value as well :-) I currently use the DAC1 USB to convert my 24/96 audio.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png