IGNORED

Article: Laid-back Library Control - Installment 3

Similar to Signal is an app called Remote Buddy. Very similar but with a whole bunch of additional control functionality so you can control a variety of apps from the iPhone/iPod Touch. As with Signal, the app runs on the Mac and you access control through the browser. Check it out:<br />

<br />

http://www.iospirit.com/index.php?mode=view&obj_type=infogroup&obj_id=24&sid=5088220G8dc7db348f5037e1&o_infogroup_objcode=infogroup-23&o1_infogroup_objcode=html-141<br />

<br />

Jeff

I'm nerdy in the extreme. I'm whiter than sour cream...

• 2 weeks later...

The significance of this should not be overlooked.<br />

<br />

This is a really good way not only to get wireless control of iTunes, but you can get USB output at 24/96 to a converter or USB DAC.<br />

<br />

This is the best of all worlds. remote-control of iTunes without WiFi interference of the music streams and 24/96 hi-res playback.<br />

<br />

I would recommend doing this over using an AirPort Express because the AE is limited to 16/44.1. Just locate your computer or laptop within 16 feet of your USB converter or DAC and us it only for ripping and formatting etc.. Control all playback from the Touch.<br />

<br />

Steve N.<br />

Empirical Audio

I am guessing you meant to say that you <strong>wouldn't</strong> recommend this over the AE because of the 16/44.1 limitation. If this is the case I agree 100%. With a quiet laptop or Mac Mini using USB or S/PDIF is a much better solution.<br />

<br />

This remote control option is much more significant than most people are realizing at this point. With the iPod Touch & Signal there are really no limits to what users can do with their music servers.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I recommend using USB over AE WITH Mac because you can stream 24/96. AE is limited to 16/44.1. With the Touch or iPhone controlling iTunes, now you have remote control from the listening position without needing a laptop at your side.<br />

<br />

I do not recommend using iTunes on a PC for USB output.<br />

<br />

Steve N.<br />

Empirical Audio