IGNORED

Madonna on HDTracks

it looks like they have expanded the Madonna offerings. I am holding out for Madonna's self titled debut, but won't buy it until I see spectrum plots.

Having to listen to an occasional Justin Beaver song (yes, I added some of my daughters music to my system), all I can say is the kid has a good voice, if you can find a song where his voice isn't heavily processed. I wonder if people back in the '70s thought the same thing when they heard Peter Frampton through his talkbox...

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.

it looks like they have expanded the Madonna offerings. I am holding out for Madonna's self titled debut, but won't buy it until I see spectrum plots.

It's there now:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX093624951131

I'm going to try at least one of the albums in 24/96 - will let you know what I think ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

It's there now:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX093624951131

I'm going to try at least one of the albums in 24/96 - will let you know what I think ;)

As promised:

I downloaded her eponymous first album and took a listen. Best representation of this early 80s recording I've heard to-date though, to be fair, I'm replacing a 128k iTunes purchase ;)

Taking a look in Audacity, looks pretty clean: content above 25k (no "brickwall") and a spike at 28k - I recall someone else saying that is an artifact of the transfer from the original tape on certain tape machines.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Taking a look in Audacity, looks pretty clean: content above 25k (no "brickwall") and a spike at 28k - I recall someone else saying that is an artifact of the transfer from the original tape on certain tape machines.

Any chance of posting the graphs?

Any chance of posting the graphs?

Sure, I'll try LOL I'm not sure I'm using the "right" settings, etc., but here's what I see:

No clipping:

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 1.10.28 PM.png

Transient content up to 48k (note the ultrasonic "hum" just under 30k):

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 1.11.01 PM.png

Smooth rolloff well above 25k, same hum at about 29k:

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 1.12.08 PM.png

I'll let others do the analysis, but looks pretty clean to me.

Sure, I'll try LOL I'm not sure I'm using the "right" settings, etc., but here's what I see:

Great! Thanks! A couple of things for the future - 1) in Edit/Prefererences/Interface, I suggest changing "Meter/Waveform dB range" to -145 dB, and 2) in the spectrum plot, I suggest setting "size" to at least 4096.

Great! Thanks! A couple of things for the future - 1) in Edit/Prefererences/Interface, I suggest changing "Meter/Waveform dB range" to -145 dB, and 2) in the spectrum plot, I suggest setting "size" to at least 4096.

Thanks! I made those changes - won't repost all, as it made no visible difference in the first two plots, but taking the range down to -145dB showed the ultrasonic content in the third graph rolling off gently all the way up to 48k:

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 2.09.52 PM.png