IGNORED

Pink Floyd DSOM Question

Hello,

I'm currently sitting on the fence trying to decide if its worth purchasing the latest HiRes 24/96 version of the DSOM album. I already own the well regarded MFSL "Gold CD" version of this album in Red Book format so I wonder if it would be worth the cost to get the HiRes version.

Does anyone here own the MFSL version and the latest HiRes offering of this album that can offer their opinion on if the difference in SQ is worth the price of admission?

Thanks

The Blu-ray version of DSOTM is really worth owning and is the best to date unless you own some mega vinyl rig. The MFSL is over EQ'd on high+low end according to Michael Fremmer( and I emailed him to make sure I'd understood him correctly!) and all these years I've been comparing it to all others! That being said I still listen to the MFSL because I love the bass overkill on "Us and Them". Blu-ray on WYWH is better too and I've heard my gold CD version, SACD, latest vinyl, old vinyl and BD. Amazon has had some really great deals on the DSOTM set as low as $66 at times but the price is all over the place. Now it's around $110. Just keep checking back for better pricing.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain