IGNORED

Your personal favorites in one band

Hi All,

Maybe a completely silly topic (maybe fun though), but if you had been offered the opportunity to create a band consisting of four (you have limits to your budget :)) of your personal favorites, who would be in it?

My list:

Vocals: Jim (Jimmy) Barnes - ex Cold Chisel, solo

Guitar: Eric Johnson - solo

Drums: Carter Beauford - Dave Matthews Band

Bass: Stuart (Stu) Hamm - solo

Why them?

First of all I think they would go great together as none of them seems to be the "I'm the man" personality. All nice guys...

Jim Barnes for me has the ultimate Voice of Rock, and he gives himself completely during life-performances.

Eric Johnson is just my all-time favorite guitarist. His unique style in composition and signature sound are just awesome. Not to mention his fabulous technique.

Carter Beauford to me is the best drummer there is to be found. The guy can make a lullaby groovy. The ultimate choice would have been Jeffrey Porcaro, but unfortunately :( ...

Stuart Hamm might not be known by many, but he truly is a great basplayer and probably the only one that receives "Boooo" when he comes to the stage. Sort of a trademark. Maybe it is just his silly boxer shorts he wears on stage...

List away & thanks!

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

someone like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan singing

Hiromi Uehari (keys)

John Mclaughlin (Guitar)

Tony Levin (bass and stick)

Terry Bozzio (drums)

Airto Moriera (percussion)

You would get a seriously insane band out of these guys, between mclaughlin's indian music background and the world music playing of (especially) Airto, I'd buy any and every album (This is, of course, assuming Nusrat was still alive)

The following are among my favourite musicians, but a band consisting of

Dave Gahan - vocals

Steve Gadd - drums

Tony Levin - bass

Adam Jones - solo guitar

Pim Jones - rhythm guitar

be pretty neat. If everyone were to adjust their style a bit I think they could work as a heavier and more acoustic variant of Depeche Mode.

Now if my budget weren't limited I'd throw in Richard Barbieri, Gavin Harrison, Adrian Belew, the brass section of ToP and maybe some additional pro percussion and synths to create the ultimate black hole of a band; something King Crimson with their double trio setup almost accomplished.

Listening Room: ALIX.2D2 (Voyage MPD) --> Arcam rDAC --> Marantz PM-15S2 --> Quadral Wotan Mk V

Drinking Room: ALIX.2D2 --> M2Tech hiFace 2 --> Cambridge Audio Azur 740C --> Rotel RC-06/RB-06 --> B&W XT4

Home head-fi: Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD 650

On the go head-fi: Sennheiser IE 8

"Hiromi Uehari (keys)

John Mclaughlin (Guitar)

Tony Levin (bass and stick)

Terry Bozzio (drums)

Airto Moriera (percussion)"

I can think of a living singer who might fit in to your intriguing World Music, Jazz Fusion lineup here, she would add an interesting female element as well:

Natacha Atlas

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Here's who's in heavy rotation lately . . .

Holly Cole (vocals)

Steve Bernstein (trumpet)

Charlie Hunter (guitar & bass)

Stanton Moore (drums)

With lyrics by Tom Waits and compositions by FZ (of course)

and for you cheaters with more $$ who picked more than 4 :) next in would be:

Skerik (bari sax)

Jimi Prescott or Mingus (upright bass) (or both for that spinal tap 3-bass player type effect)

and, of course, the TOP horn section

wait, now maybe we need Paul Rogers on vocals too

mini > lio-8 > ead 6300 > dynamic dipoles