IGNORED

MP3 dock for Creative Zen Vision M

Hey Scorpio1 nice to see you over here. I did some research on the Zen you have and I have one possibility for you. Using the Zen dock you can connect a cable with RCA terminations. This uses the line out from the Zen to go into your Naim integrated amp. There may also be a standard cable to go from the line out on your Zen to RCA connections on your Naim. What kind of iPod/MP3 dock does your Naim have? I looked for the manual but couldn't find it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, thanks for the warm welcome. I actually pick it up tomorrow afternoon. On the front of the integrated it has a small hole for input. Once I get it, I can check the manual and find out what type off cable they recommend. I do have audio/video cables from Zen, but I'm unsure if these will work.

I guess if I can't find the solution here and the dealer does not give me any good options, I may look into the Wadia iTransport and Ipod combo. I would hate to have to shell out another $750 after just making this major purchase.

Be sure to let me/us know about the port on the front actually is. I am very interested. If you already have cables from Zen I am guessing you could just plug them into the back of the Naim. Not the best solution because it will still use the Zen internal DAC.

If you did go with something like the Wadia you'd have to make sure your Naim unit has an internal DAC.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris,

Well come to find out that the Nait 5i-2 does not have an internal DAC. So I guess the Wadia is out. The Ipod/MP3 input on the front of the amp is simply a 3.5 mm stereo jack input. Now my question is the digital output on the Ipod cleaner/better than the Zen Vision? Meaning will the Ipod be more suited for audiophile use with my amp?

There is no digital output on either device without a product like the Wadia iTransport. The mini jack isn't the best either unless you have a line out from your Zen to mini. For your current setup I suggest using the line out port using a cable with RCA terminations on the other end and going into an AUX connection on your amp. Not the most audiophile type solution, but it will be the best of your current situation.

What do you think?

Since I already have Creative audio/video cable, I could try that and see how it sounds. Now is there any other type of device (inexpensive audiophile server maybe) that can be connected to the AUX/AV on the integrated.? I assume my worst case scenario is the AV input with the Zen and/or a better solution may be to use my laptop connected to the AV imput.

Which do you think would provide the best sound given my contraints?

• 2 weeks later...