IGNORED

Audiolab 8200CD jitter on Macbook Air 2011 via async. USB

hudja

Hello! I have Audiolab 8200CD, which could be used as external DAC. It supports async USB mode. I am using it with Macbook Air 2011 (13'', i5) running Lion. Everything worked fine until recently. Sometime ago it started clicking few times per minute. I tried to reset PRAM, reinstall Audirvana, also tried different software, but nothing helped. I even changed USB cable and tried to run Lion from battery. I tried it from my Windows 7 notebook and it seems to work fine there. I thought that it might be the problem of some recent update and yesterday I reinstalled my Lion and this also did not help... ((((

It is clicking on different files 16/44 and 24/96...

Do you have any suggestions how to fix the problem? Could this be a hardware problem of DAC itself (something burned out, etc.)?

Thank you in advance!

At one point I would hear a clicking as well using MacBook / Audiravana with Music Hall Dac. I found if I turned off Hog Mode or Exclusive Access Mode it would go away.

Try playing with some of the software settings. You also mentioned other software, but have you tried something as basic as iTunes?

Finally, have you tried the MacBook Air through internal speakers or headphones?

-Jeremy

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo