IGNORED

mac mini with MPAD

Hello, I have a mac mini and an Ipad. I'd love to use MPAD to control and manage my music from my mac mini. I have thus far been unable to make this work though, despite trying to follow some directions on forums.

guess I'm just not technical enough to understand or follow the steps. so, question is a) whether it is actually possible to use my mac mini as a server to be controlled through MPAD and b) how to do I go about this.

all recommendations welcome!

Auralic Aries - Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus - Crystal Reference Diamond - Pathos TT - Crystal micro - Rogers LS3/5a

mPad is an (iPad) application to control an MPD server which usually runs on a Linux computer. You can run MPD on Mac OS X but this is not a task for a computer novice.

Your alternatives are

a) use the Apple Remote on your iPad to control iTunes (and by extension BitPerfect, Amarra or PureMusic.

b) instead of using a MacMini use a Linux based server such as the Auraliti system or Vortex Box / Sonore. Then you can use the mPad application.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.