IGNORED

Squeezebox Touch: Bulletproof Plug and Play from USB Stick with HD Tracks 24/96 Flac Files ?

Hello

I am looking for the least expensive way to add hi-res capability to my system.

I have a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC which can take 24/96 input. Currently I have no way to get this type of file into the DAC.

It appears that the Squeezebox Touch can read a 24/96 Flac file. Since the price on the touch is attractive at the moment (225 on Amazon) I would be willing to invest this IF it gives me the following:

Out of the box (no tweaking required) capability to read off a USB stick high res files (up to 24/96) that one could purchase off of HD tracks for example (the REM and Talking Heads content has me very interested. I would hope that more mainstream content will follow in the future) At this time I have no interest in attempting to stream the files to the Touch only local playback from USB stick drive.

I cannot emphasize the out-of-the box functionality enough. I have no patience for playing home-brew IT manager to get it to work.

I would appreciate it if someone who has a touch can comment on my desired funcitonality. Have folks played hi-res files without hiccup from the USB drive. I am aware of the issues with attempting to put a huge HD on the Touch local and I am NOT planning to do this.

I would just like some real world field experience in hi-res local playback before I pull the trigger and buy a touch.

Thanks in advance

Roku Soundbridge M1000 - Musical Fidelity M1 DAC - Musical Fidelity A1 Integrated - KEF xQ10[br]PS Audio Duet - PS Audio AC-3 - PS Audio AC-5[br]Apogee Wyde Eye S/PDIF - Audio Art SC-5[br]God Save The Kinks

Sure, that should work fine.

If you run out of stick space, you can use an external USB hard drive the same way. But there are a few issues with the Touch when using a USB HD with lots (hundreds or thousands) of files on it. If you go to the Logitech forum, you can see that the particular USB drive you use can make a difference. Some work well, some don't.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)