IGNORED

Newbie, couple of quick questions.

Hi all, I've looked at a lot of posts trying to sort things out etc...but I still need help. I have macbook pro and a new yamaha rxa1000 avr as well as oppo 83. Question is, do i connect the MCP via mini toslink to the AVR, the oppo, or just put the FLAC files on a USB drive and plug that into the AVR (or oppo) for the best quality sound? thanks in advance.

mtrivedi

Looking at the Oppo online I do not see a digital input other than the USB. Therefore I would go with the MBP to Yamaha as a starting point.

Starting with the MBP will give you multiple choices in players. Many of which will play from memory and claim bit perfect playback. This will give you a high quality source system to start with.

I would also see if the Yamaha has any bypass or other features that turn off much of the signal processing and offer cleaning music playback.

Tyr this for a while and see how you like it. It should be easy enough to copy files to memory stick and try the Oppo as well.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo