IGNORED

Super expensive music

Welcome to Bizarro World

I was planning to buy the Redbook CD of the Bloodsport Soundtrack until I saw the price - $335.

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodsport-Michael-Engineer-Bishop/dp/B000PFU816/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1314761289&sr=1-1

Are you kidding me - I thought audiophile 45 rpm vinyl and the Reference Recordings HRx discs were expensive.

Has anyone come across higher prices for RBCDs? What in the world would justify such a price for a digital CD that can easily be duplicated?

I can understand rare vinyl being super expensive and collector's items, but CDs, where a copy sounds identical to the original.

As far as I'm concerned the future of digital audio is computer audio and these physical discs are only good for backup or coasters.

Those prices are from Amazon Marketplace sellers since the CD is out of print. Prices of out of print items of all kinds are based on supply and demand, collectors drive up the prices.

I checked and the Bloodsport Soundtrack is not available as a download at Amazon either. I did a google search and it is available as a free download. I see nothing unethical with downloading out of print recordings.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

You might want to check out this link if you are intrested in rare stuff... :)

http://www.elusivedisc.com/products.asp?dept=1106&pagenumber=1&sort_on=price&sort_by=DESC

Cheers,

Bernard

Room: Gik Acoustics room conditioning | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Shunyata Everest + Shunyata Sigma NR v2 power cables | Source: Mac mini with LPS running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore OpticalModule + Melco S10 + Shunyata Omega Ethernet | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro Core Infinity | Speakers: Chord Company Sarum T speaker cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

I've done some selling on Amazon Marketplace and while studying what various sellers did, I came across some that charged 20-50 times as much for albums/books as did others.

I'm not sure what their game is; maybe they're thinking that when/if other inexpensive copies disappear someone will get desperate and buy theirs. If no one bites, no big deal as it doesn't cost them to keep items listed, and at worst they miss out on a couple bucks.

-Chris