IGNORED

Spotify: Wake from sleep problem

Spotify is on my 2010 Mac Mini (OS 10.latest version (not Lion)). I play music via USB to a DAC, etc (see specs in signature).

I have the mini set to only wake from sleep from the power button.

This worked fine until I installed the desktop version of Spotify. Now the Mac Mini will not stay asleep. It doesn't matter if I quit Spotify before I sleep the computer or not.

Anyone else have this problem? Find a fix? Its very strange - what did they do to my (rather bare bones) system to make this happen...

Michael

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

• 2 months later...

This never got an answer and I'm having the same problem. Windoze XP for me. After 2 hours of no activity my XP music server goes to sleep. But not with Spotify! Not unless I go to the icon in the systray and kill Spotify. Bugs the hell out of me.

I'm searching for a fix. If there is one, I'll post it here.