IGNORED

Squeezebox Touch, wired...but how?

I've been reading comments about the Touch sounding better through ethernet, incluiding Soundcheck's toolbox, and I want to give it a fair try.

My system now is a Cisco N-router wirelessly connecting to a PC next room that holds the music files and Squeezebox server, and the Touch about 45 feet away connected wirelessly to the Cisco router.

I understand I should run a cable from the PC to the router, and another cable from router to Touch. Correct? Or should I run a wire directly from PC to Touch?

Also, I understand a CAT 5 cable would be enough, but then many/most CAT 5 cables don't really meet the CAT 5 specs. So should I use a CAT 6 cable? With CAT 5 or CAT 6 RJ45 plugs?

Am I wasting my time?

Thanks!

Horacio

Yes, you're quite correct.

1 cable computer to router.

1 cable router to Squeezebox Touch

Any Cat5 cable will do, but if you're installing cables then I'd use Cat6 as the difference in cost is minimal and you are more futureproofed with Cat6.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.