IGNORED

Any opinions on Accuphase DAC 30?

Hi all,

I'm still thinking about improving my setup (cf. below). At the moment I consider to use an Accuphase DAC 30 slot card as my DAC. Theoretically this will avoid all of the hassle with cables from DAC to the amp and could thus improve sound. However, I could not find any decent review of this card on the web which would help me to make up my mind if this might be something to improve sound in my system. So maybe some of you guys has already "ears on"-experience.

Apart from the sound I would also be interested in compatibility issues with popular audio software for Macs.

Regards,

Kay

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

After reading some rather good feedback from HIFI-VIDEO Test in Germany and some comments in internet I decided to spend the cash for the card.

I do no regret it is a huge improvement, I have now attached my CD player (Marantz 7001 KI) via digital coax, my digital TV / Radio reciever via digital optical and my multimedia PC (movies, TV, and downloaded audio (flac) to the USB.

Of of that provides a far better sound than the analog channels so far. Higher transparancy, better definition of instruments and al so relaxed without any stress.

I would recomment everyone that has an amp from Accuphase to spend these dollars (for me Euro) it is worth every cent spend.

Hope this helps u make the decission,

regards,Toine.

Lord, thank you for the music.