IGNORED

New Oppo firmware beta for bdp 93/5--Update

New beta firmware for 93/95 models now supports iso's over hdd including DVD-A, Blu rays, AVCHD. Works flawless, one less need for discs!

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

It preserves the menu structures on Blu Rays, DVD'S (-A's), AVHCDs...the only thing that will NOT work is normal CD iso's with no reason given for why these are not being supported. One of the funky things with the Oppo was trying to do DLNA streaming of certain files...a hit and miss...What I am hoping someone might be able to answer....does this thing support SACD iso's??? There seem to be lots of folks doing this on the site...just curious if I had an iso of an SACD...wouldn't it work exactly the same? Unfortunately I am not the SACD ripping guru or even neophyte so I can't answer this one...love it if some other Oppo owners into that sorta thing who could tell the rest of us if this is a viable alternative to keeping your discs...??? Somebody has to have experimented out there! By the way you can grab the firmware from the Oppo web site under support. You cannot install it over the network, only from burnt cd or usb. It also installs Vudu and a new version of Netflix with search capabilities.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

The iso is a disc image. Those are DVD structures. The iso contains those folders, much like an iso of a blu ray contains a BDMV folder. I know they already support .vob's so the answer is sort of yes and no.