• 2 weeks later...

jarosz.jpg

The first Sarah Jarosz album. If you have a blue grass itch that might need to be scratched, or if you are a fan of Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss, check her out. She is doing Trans Atlantic Sessions again this tour so that should be promising. Produced by Gary Paczosa who has produced Krauss.

8705_bg.jpg

Eric Bibb - Troubadour

Many thanks to Snowmonkey for the introduction to a new to me bluesman. Very cool stripped down Blues performance by Eric. Excellent performance and surprisingly good sound quality for a redbook rip.

Absolutely worth a spin in MOG to give a listen. I will be buying more of his work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9480[/ATTACH]

Inside Llewyn Davis OST (2013)

The fictionalized version of Dave Van Ronk's memoirs as told by master filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen, with music produced by the amazing T. Bone Burnett, should be wonderful, especially if you are old enough to recall the Greenwich Village folks scene of the early 1960's with nostalgic fondness.

The soundtrack album is out and available on HDTracks as a 24/44.1kHz download. I am currently enjoying it, in great anticipation of seeing the film.

Thanks so much for posting about this album. It's been on my list of albums that I have anticipated for a couple of months now. I will give it a go. The few tracks posted on MOG are good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lol...I feel like the red headed step child on this thread as one of the few who posts stuff not related to classical and the like :)

In any event Ill carry on any way:

Bon Jovi - Slippery when wet (HD Tracks 24/96)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10459[/ATTACH]

Great White - The Best of

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10460[/ATTACH]

Hey man, for the love of music! The world would be a boring place if we were all the same. I make it a point to expand my horizons in this thread. Blake and Oscarnr constantly challenge me. Musicophile might as well have my ATM pin!

I'm getting ready to move and am condensing my CD collection (just getting rid of jewel cases and filing the discs.) I stumbled across this that I hadn't listened to in a looong time. Definitely not typical fare here, but still awesome. Apparently Ron Carter even did a bass track for them (funny what you learn to appreciate later on.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10553[/ATTACH]

Yo Phife I remember that routine!

jazz31f-5-web.jpg

• 2 weeks later...