Beatles: (Stereo) Magical Mystery Tour; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. After all these years, still Wow!

Jim Hall: Concierto. Just gorgeous

Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia Friday Night in San Francisco, guitars playing at the speed of light.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

Nelson Freire: Chopin: Études, Op. 10; Barcarolle, Op. 60; Sonata No. 2 [Hybrid SACD] [Hybrid SACD - DSD] Knee slapin' pace and artistry to boot.

Kurt Elling: Dedicated To You dedicated to the team of John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman. Elling has a chamber quartet to make his point. Followed by John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman (SHM-SACD) exquisite in any Universe.

And to let down easy: Beatles (in stereo) Let It Be. Speaking words of wisdom...I may not make the music, but I am an appreciative audience.

Sweet dreams

Richard

Just converted all my Doors collection including the Perception Box Set (six) using DVDAE. Right now listening to The Doors: The Doors and at the moment Light My Fire. Like a drug, it's intoxicating. The box set offers several formats including DTS and the conversion comes off "pretty decent" in two channel. Have to admit the multi-channel sounds even better. Still...

Distracting myself from the impending Hurricane bearing down on where I live (suburbs of NY). Tornado warnings for NYC on top of Hurricane. And an earthquake in VA the same week. The Doors do it for me just about now.

Really enjoying my new system so...Come on Baby, Light my fire...try to set the night on fire...

To be continued,

Richard

Converted DVD of Loggins & Messina's Sittin' In Again At The Santa Barbara Bowl Live to AIFF and sounds good.

Dee Carstensen's Regarding The Soul

Hall & Oates Live In Concert converted DVD to AIFF with DVDAE also quite nice.

Finally more of Doors box set Perception/ Morrison Hotel (6 DVD/6CD)

Conversion goes smoothly offering the best of both.

Music to enjoy the aftermath of Irene.

Best,

Richard

The Nightfly Triology (MVI) I ordered from Donald Fagen's website arrived nicely packaged as a box-set. With DVDAE, converted to LCPM 96/24 2ch and the bonus tracks to 48/24 and experience an SQ just as good as if I had downloaded from HDtracks. Better? Maybe. Thoroughly enjoyable listening quality, definitely. First up: Kamakiriad with bonus tracks.

Dee Carstensen, The Map. Lovely rendition of Elton Johns Come Down In Time

Best,

Richard

Two Rooms: Celebrating the Songs of Elton John & Bernie Taupin

Complete Atlantic Studio Rec.- The Modern Jazz Quartet 1956- Disc6

The Very Best of Ashford & Simpson (to commemorate the passing of Nickolas Ashford

Great writing and great performers. What's not to like?

Best,

Richard

Don McLean Rearview Mirror(Bonus Dvd)

My ripped conversion of the Hybrid SACD of The Carpenters: Singles 1969-1981 was nearly as enjoyable as the actual SACD.

Anthony Wilson's Savivity when he's not accompanying Diana Krall, he's providing a highly enjoyable musical listening experience with other fine musicians.

Akiko Suwanai's Poeme plays a mean fiddle.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

An evening with the irreplaceables (the list is pretty, pretty long...)

Crosby, Stills & Nash: Daylight Again something about those three that stays with me oh for decade after decade. They are timeless...and can't be replaced. I converted their DVD using DVDAE to Max to iTunes and while the DVD is sort of less than even good, I can't seem to get enough of CSN (and Y)

Elton John: Tumbleweed Connection(my own conversion of their Hybrid SACD) using DVDAE/Max. However iconic John's become, considering he was the piano player for Patti Belle and a talent so evolving that he created his own genre in association with Bernie Taupin...(Do these couplings happen by chance, Simon & Garfunkel, Loggins & Messina, Hall & Oates, Davis and Coltrane, Getz and Barron et al...)

Mose Allison: Mose Allison Sings: Rudy Van Gelder Remasters [Extra Tracks, Original Recording Remastered]my own conversion using XLD. Been listening to that velvet smooth, bluesie silk voice for over 5 decades. Like James Moody, another timeless performer. I have been listening to these giants when I was an adolescent and Symphony Sid over 5 decades ago (the Jazz version of the Wolfman Jack) was playing Jazz over AM radio (AMRADIO, awful but the music wasn't). I discovered how to hook up up a reel to reel and recorded countless hours of Jazz over AM.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts [blu-ray] (2010) Disc2 which suddenly opened a doorway to receiving a group like Metallica and appreciating their music for the first time when in the past I would reject them out of hand. My mistake.

In contrast, these artists knocked me out in the first millisecond for which I am grateful (enjoy their discographies without a second thought).

John Pizzarelli's My Blue Heaven hybrid sacd version converted with XLD.

Beatles Abbey Road stereo version (sorry mono is just as good on my system so it's win-win.

Less is more. So I'll let the music speak for itself because anything I might add is irrelevant.

PS in yesterday's post I mis-identified Patti La Belle by leaving out the "La". What was I not thinking? Making the correction so I feel better.

Sweet dreams,

Richard

Tierney Sutton: Dancing In The Dark Inspired by The Music Of Frank Sinatra wanting to appreciate her voice (more than I do).

Little Feat Last Record Album Oh! Finally appreciating them more than I did thanks to my new improved 2 ch system. Now music is alive (mostly).

Anúna Invocation Hauntingly wonderful earthy, ethereal, ineffable the work speaks for itself...

Best,

Richard

(Corny alert)

Yes: Fragile MSFL version converted with XLD. Yes!

Tom Harrell: The Time Of The Sun Shining brightly! (Stereophile's Recording of the month -- as if they know)

Bill Evans & Toots Thielmanns: Affinity SHM-SACD, successfully affined me as in (super audio).

Left out the new Wynton Marsalis and Eric Clapton: Plays The Blues Live From Jazz at Lincoln Center additionally, backed by great musicians all of them. Excellent charts. 10 tracks. Taj Mahal sits in for two of those tracks.

Best,

Richard

With Amarra v.2.3 sounding so good, I revisited Tom Harrell's The Time Of The Sun. Radiating musicianship and Light!

In the same spirit, Ahmad Jamal Trio: The Complete Ahmad Jamal Trio Argo Sessions Disc 5. Incomparable.

Gal Costa: GAL

Again: Stan Getz and Kenny Barron: People Time Disc1 also incomparable.

With BitPerfect sounding so also good: Alison Krauss|Union Station: Paper Airplane lately one of the better downloads from HDT.

Computer audio is habit forming.

Richard

Anúna Invocation especially the Tennyson's poem set to music Innesfree

Chicago: Chicago V downloaded from HDT. SQ not great. Disappointed. How come NG?

Joáo Gilberto: Amoroso & Brasil. A voice like a soft wind sweetened by sugar cane. Astrid's husband. Always love everything he creates.

Nina Simone: I Put A Spell On You HDT download.16/44.1. Decent download, but not great.

Best,

Richard