Was in the mood from some Journey all day for some reason. I've been listening to the "Essential Journey" Album for a few years and have never been too impressed with its sound. I believe it was spawned from the 1996 Remaster. In any event, the content is priceless so I thought nothing of it.

After doing some digging around on the web today looking for a better version I remembered that I had another Journey album that I purchased many years ago but never burned it to .WAV so I went digging in the basement and found this one below.

Journey's Greatest Hits (1988 Release)

Jgreatesthits.jpg

After consulting the online DR Database I about shit a brick when I found out this copy is probably one of the best versions of the bands work to own as it was never violated by someones bad idea of a Remaster.

Listening to it now and concur, the sound is impeccable!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Needs no introduction:

image.jpg

This album blows me away every time I hear it! While every song is a winner, the first one I find most impressive. The crazy 360deg swirling around of the soundstage midway thru the song keeps me fully entertained. When the voices jump out from the speakers and whisper in my ear I can't help but think this has to be one of the most impressive recordings ever laid down. Its a F$?ckng masterpiece!

I would give a left nut, half an arm and my two front teeth for a proper High Rez version of this album!