IGNORED

LIO-8 in ht set-up...How?

I've got a LIO-8 that I'd like to use in a 7.1 configuration. It's attached to a Mac Mini. Is there a way to have the Mac Mini decipher the various HT encoded signals so that I could then send the digital signal to my LIO-8? I see various soundcards that can handle this for a PC but nothing that I could use with the Mac Mini.

Digital:  SonicTransporter I5 powered by Uptone JS-2,  Ghent Ethernet throughout, Ultra-Rendu's, Ghent DC cables, Curious and Ghent USB

Living Room:  Rethm Trishna, MicroZotl2, Auralic Vega, Rel E112 sub (High Fidelity ic's, DIY pc's and speaker wire from VH Audio)

Office:  Chord Hugo2, Feniks Essence, Rel 218, Noble Kaiser Encores, PM3

Problem is finding a multichannel player on the MAC. VLC is one, but it is rudimentary.

Then you'll need to set up a multichannel template on the LIO-8 via MIO Console, to map the audio outs. A DB25 snake (to RCA or XLR) is the next piece. Redco can make you one.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Decibel (previously AyreWave)

http://sbooth.org/Decibel/

Outputs multichannel hi-res (WAV/FLAC) on the hdmi output of the Mac Mini. Guess should also output to the LIO-9.

Another player you can try is XBMC, which is a more comprehensive media centre. However I find the sound out over hdmi not as good as Decibel. May be different into the LIO.

There also exists an app called Soundflower to map the sound output on the Mac which might be of interest.

I am seriously thinking of investing in a LIO-8 as an upgrade from hdmi directly into an ARCAM AVR600. Let me know how you get on.

Santar