IGNORED

PSB imagine minis

Does anybody have any experience with these little speakers yet?

I'm putting together a home office setup 10x10 room, thinking

imac to moon i3.3 (with the dac option) to maybe linn majik 109s.

Local hifi guy suggested I wait for the PSBs

thanks

macmini > simaudio moon 300D > simaudio moon P5.3> simaudio moon W5 > Nordost Blue Heaven>PSB synchrony one[br]imac > simaudio moon 340i > Chord rumor II > PSB imagine minis

• 1 month later...

I auditioned the PSB Mini's (excellent compact monitor) which were great when paired up in a small to medium room. Alongside them I also listened to a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers and PSB Imagine B's. All were nice speakers and offer plenty for bookshelf - plenty of midrange and even decent bottom end. In the end the Imagine B's won out because they had better midrange and low end. I'm using them without a sub and they fill my apartment just fine. My best advice is use you ears and pick which sounds best to you.

2012 (Late) Mac Mini, Oyen 1TB HDD (ALAC files), DH Labs Silversonic Toslink Optical w/3.5mm Audioquest adapter, Rega DAC, Audioquest Columbia IC, Rega Brio-R, DH Labs T-14 Cables, PSB Imagine B

Thanks for your input. I am hoping to audition these speakers next week with the moon i3.3. I'll post my thoughts.

macmini > simaudio moon 300D > simaudio moon P5.3> simaudio moon W5 > Nordost Blue Heaven>PSB synchrony one[br]imac > simaudio moon 340i > Chord rumor II > PSB imagine minis

Just picked up my new simaudio moon 340i integrated amp (with built in 300D DAC) for my home office and now have the PSB imagine minis for auditioning...

these speakers have a very small footprint and full sound -- I'm quite impressed. They're a touch bright but anticipate over the week they'll smooth out. I'll try the Linn majik 109s next. However given the tiny size of the PSBs and the fact that at $699 they're about half the price Linns I may just keep them...

• 3 weeks later...

I kept the PSB minis -- They are an impressive little speaker-- excellent midrange and decent lower end. I'm in a small room using them in a nearfield manner. Right now I'm trialling Chord Rumor 2 speaker cable...

I am considering adding a single PSB Subseries 200 subwoofer.