IGNORED

Mac Mini Snow Leopard Dropouts

I am having continuous problems with audio dropouts with external asynch firewire / usb dacs / converters.

I have tried all the obvious things - like turning off spotlight, wifi, bluetooth, dashboard widgets, etc and I still get dropouts every 10-15 mins.

All my software is up to date. I am using Pure Music with memory play, have 4gb memory and all my music is on the internal hard drive. I had the same problems with the music on an external USB drive using a firewire mac.

Any ideas?

I have considered reinstalling OSX since nothing else seems to work...

Nyal Mellor, Acoustic Frontiers LLC.

With a MacBook, 4 gb RAM, Pure Music, going USB to Wavelink USB-SPDIF converter. I never have dropouts all the way up to 24/192.

When I installed Snow Leopard I erased my drive and did a clean install, maybe do a backup, erase the disc and try a clean install?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Might it be software incompatibility between Flux and Pure Music?

Have you tried temporarily removing one or the other from the music stream to see if the drop outs stop?

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.