IGNORED

Rip error or Burn error?

On my burned Taiyo Yuden CDr copies of my EAC rips, I have been getting a momentary complete sound dropout(or 2) upon playback of these discs. The lowest track copy confirmation I will normally see will be 99.8% when I check the track logs,most track logs will be 100%. I am not burning the rips with EAC. I am instead using CDBurnerXP to burn the CDRs. I also have C2 error correction enabled on my CD/DVD drive enabled in the EAC drive options settings. Could this setting be affecting the rips? So is it something that is happening during the rips or the burns that are giving me these dropouts. The original CDs don't display the dropouts on playback(but no way in hell do they sound as good as many of you already know)Any thoughts?

I have a feeling that I may have been getting an occassional burn error. I ran a laser cleaner disc on my drive after I remembered that I'd never run one on this drive. I've run a dozen or so burns that appear flawless since. I may have broken my own troubleshooting belief of checking for simple setup fixes first! Another thing to consider is that you may not get a perfect Taiyo Yuden CDR every time! (Although, I would bet you will 98 or 99% of the time)Having said all this I believe that non disc digital players are the way to go.