IGNORED

Decent super-portable powered speakers?

Has anyone found a decent-sounding pair of super-portable powered speakers? I have a pair of Audioengine 2A's and they sound great but they're too big to travel with. I took them to Panama once and it was great to have them there but they took up a lot of luggage space and their drivers are susceptible to damage. I'm looking for something extremely small but decent-sounding.

...but the Jambox has a remarkable sound for something that's about the size of four packs of cigarettes.

The Bluetooth is iffy, but I've always found that to be the case with audio, so I bought a good mini cable and it works perfectly with my iPhone and MacBook Pro.

The battery holds a decent charge, and it charges with USB -- no adapter needed.

This Sharp unit is decent-sounding & super-portable, but doesn't come up to the A2's in SQ. OTOH, has an iPod dock, remote & can run off batteries.

rascal

A: Mac Mini => Peachtree Nova => LFD Integrated Zero Mk.III => Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 | Musical Fidelity X-CAN V-8 => AKG K 701

B: Airport Express = > Benchmark DAC1 => Rega Brio-R => B&W DM 601 S2

C: Airport Express => AudioEngine A2

A Tivoli PAL radio?

I've had mine for 8 or 9 years now and apart from a new battery it's going as strong as ever, and still sounding great.The battery lasts for ever before needing recharging ( I think I've gone a week's holiday on one charge). Sound quality is remarkably good (as a benchmark I use Ayre / Harbeth in my home system), certainly up to providing musical enjoyment on a trip. It's nice and small, and doesn't weight a lot. And the rubberised finish is hard wearing; mine is starting to look a bit tatty now, but in a favourite-old-leather-suitcase sort of way. It's got an auxiliary input on the back, and the bonus of a free FM radio thrown in.

I'd honestly go as far as to say it's the most satisfying piece of audio kit I've bought in nearly 40 years. I'm now keeping an eye on eBay to see if I can pick one or two spare ones up for when mine does finally give up the ghost. I think it's the simplicity of it coupled with good sound quality that does it for me

I've been thinking of getting a zvox mini for travel; it works well for music and movies.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)