IGNORED

How to install and configure Squeezelite Pulse?

Greetings,
I use, with Logitech Media Server 8.5.0, the Squeezelite version 1.9.9.1432 x86-64, on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, which I think is excellent for sound quality.
Being curious to try the Pulseaudio version, I tried, after uninstalling the normal version, to install it, from the "squeezelite-pulse-1.9.9.1432-x86_64.tar.gz" file downloaded from Sourceforge, but I was unable to do so (LMS does not detects the player).
I ask anyone who has already tried the Pulse version if they can kindly tell me the sequence of terminal commands to give from the beginning, after downloading the tar.gz file, for installing and using the Pulse version.
Best regards.

Vincent
Italy

Hi, I solved it.
If anyone is interested, I will provide the information I received from a discussion on another forum.
You need to uninstall normal squeezelite, if installed, with:

sudo apt remove squeezelite

Then delete, if it exists, squeezelite.tgz which should be in Home.

Then issue the following commands:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio
wget -O squeezelite.tgz https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezelite/linux/squeezelite-pulse-1.9.9.1432-x86_64.tar.gz
sudo tar -C /usr/bin -zxf squeezelite.tgz
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/squeezelite

To launch the process:
squeezelite

Once the process has been launched, there is the inconvenience that you must leave the terminal window open for it to work.
To avoid this, you can run the process when you start your PC by adding Squeezelite in the Startup Applications app, writing, in command, squeezelite.

To stop the process:

killall squeezelite

Best regards

Vincent