IGNORED

Solved? "Roon has lost control of the audio device"

I've had an ongoing issue with Roon stopping mid-song after ~45 mins with "Roon has lost control of the audio device". I've tried timing it and it's not exactly 45min like 44:38, etc. I'm running Roon Core on my M1 iMac. Also, running is HQ Player 5.5.1. The NAA is 4.5v and is on my SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo firmware. All this is connected to a Chord Hugo TT2 via USB. I run only PCM (Chord doesn't do DSD natively) and only to 706.5/768. This issue has gone on for year or so. I'm not sure when it started doing this.

I've tried a lot of fixes and posted HQ logs here in the main HQP forum a couple of Times. No real smoking guns there. MIska said he suspected it was DHCP issues.

I've tried things with DHCP on, off, static IP, etc. And still would see these halts. The halts just stop and do not reconnect unless I manually go into Roon and restart things. I don't always listen for longer than 45 mins, so it's tough to "test" any fixes. However, I did test simply outputting via Roon not using HQP and I did not have the issue then.

Yesterday, I put in 100ms buffer in the HQP Preferences "Buffer Time" setting. This did make a change for the better - the music stopped about 90 mins in and only for a second and restarted on it's own. I kept the music running and it did this a second time, but for even shorter time stopped and instantly restarted.

This seems to be on the right track to solve the issue... but is it?

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3