IGNORED

HQP naa in random play or single play

I feel very happy when I know there is HQplayer. It definitely brings me to another new exposure in my music listening life. I go through from Tidal only, then with Roon, and now Roon with HQplayer.

I studied a lot to do the setup in past two weeks, from single machine HQP, and now two machines - one with HQP and other with Roon. The next stage I reach to bring with HQP naa.I use either naa daemon under Windows (in 3rd machine), or directly a naa image from usb drive.

The most headache part is that I cannot have a continuous random play or single play then next song in naa image with usb. However, it never happens with naa daemon under Windows. I read forums, pages after pages, various topics. Using cat5 cable, flow control in router to 100M, swapping switches, still the problem persists. I perform the testing in past few days till 2am as I cannot sleep well bcoz of something not fixed :(

Grateful if you can help me on this. I try even both naa 450 and 460, still the problem is there.

9 hours ago, brightmylife said:
The most headache part is that I cannot have a continuous random play or single play then next song in naa image with usb. However, it never happens with naa daemon under Windows. I read forums, pages after pages, various topics. Using cat5 cable, flow control in router to 100M, swapping switches, still the problem persists. I perform the testing in past few days till 2am as I cannot sleep well bcoz of something not fixed :(

There is likely some kind of error message in HQPlayer log file when such happens...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Great thanks for your reply Miska.

I really dont know how to find the log file, given that I am away from computer OS stuff for years. I can ping from the two machines between each other. I love to use linux as naa, rather under Windows using daemon. Is that any way forward or any other having similar situation as me?

1 hour ago, brightmylife said:

I really dont know how to find the log file

See HQPlayer manual chapter 10 how to enable logging and where to find log file. The manual is installed with HQPlayer Desktop.

If you can connect a monitor to your NAA computer, you can also look at messages displayed here.

Please don't paste long log file content as text into forum post, but zip it and add it here as attachment. Or send it to support @ signalyst . com.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 hours ago, brightmylife said:

Point is that simply a pressing next song in random play, it works completely fine with naa daemon under Windows, but it plays alternatively with sound, no sound, and with sound again in usb naa image.

These two options result in different output formats? Like maybe on Windows NAA you are not getting 48k-base DSD rates no matter how you set the 48k DSD option. While on NAA OS you do if you have 48k DSD checked, but your DAC doesn't support it and just mutes output?

Please make sure you don't have 48k DSD option enabled in output device settings!

7 hours ago, Miska said:

These two options result in different output formats? Like maybe on Windows NAA you are not getting 48k-base DSD rates no matter how you set the 48k DSD option. While on NAA OS you do if you have 48k DSD checked, but your DAC doesn't support it and just mutes output?

Please make sure you don't have 48k DSD option enabled in output device settings!

For the options of 48k, adaptive rate, I have tried to turn on and off on both usb naa image and naa daemon setup, same result is given. I will try again later to enforce my finding. My dac support 48k dsd option, it is Weiss dac 501. 

I am not quite agreed that two options give different output format, as I can see the format from my dac in both cases. I simply upscale to DSD128, and it is what my dac can support. The real time log can be read through naa daemon under Windows, and it matches the display to show output format from my dac.

5 hours ago, brightmylife said:

The real time log can be read through naa daemon under Windows, and it matches the display to show output format from my dac.

Did you compare logs of the 2 cases? I expect them to differ somewhere.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
6 hours ago, brightmylife said:

My dac support 48k dsd option, it is Weiss dac 501. 

How did you verify this?

Most Windows ASIO drivers expose DSD only at multiples of 44.1k. That's why I suspect this is the case here too.

In addition most manufacturers don't test DSD at multiples of 48k, since you cannot buy such content anywhere.

I simply upscale to DSD128, and it is what my dac can support.

For about 90% of DACs, DSD128 means 44.1k x128. That's why there's the "48k DSD" check box that should be checked only when one is absolutely certain that the DAC supports it correctly. If you are using ASIO driver with native DSD support, the check box likely won't matter, since the drivers usually expose DSD only at multiples of 44.1k.

Typical results of sending 48k DSD to a DAC that doesn't support it is either silence or output at wrong speed (too slow, using 44.1k clock).

as I can see the format from my dac in both cases

What does it say?

Thank you very much Miska. 

I uncheck the "48k DSD" option anyway. What I did last night I read all rules in my router again, loose a little bit rules but still it doesnt help. 

I may try to build a completedly linux-based machine to see if this can help on NAA setup vs NAA image. Thanks a lot for all the replies and this warms me a lot that I am not alone.

I already answered you specifically regarding log file. It's about HQPlayer log, so look at it on HQPlayer computer. You can omit the NAA part of my message, may be it was misleading for you.

Create log for both cases, zip it and attach it here or send it to Signalyst.

8 hours ago, bogi said:

I already answered you specifically regarding log file. It's about HQPlayer log, so look at it on HQPlayer computer. You can omit the NAA part of my message, may be it was misleading for you.

Create log for both cases, zip it and attach it here or send it to Signalyst.

8 hours ago, bogi said:

I sent the log file finally. Thank you bogi.