IGNORED

BubbleUPnP > HQPlayer OS repeats the beginning of tracks

I'm, not BubbleUPnP user with HQPlayer Embedded, just a suggestion what to try:

Try setting a suitable "Idle time" in Embedded settings. HQPlayer Desktop has such a setting so I expect it exists in Embedded configuration too. It may not help on the 1st playback start, but then between tracks it possibly could help.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ohshitgorillas said:

Sorry, I meant Android/iOS tablets.

I don't use it but I remember few people mentioned using VNC type of solution. Run HQPlayer Client on any supported OS, install VNC server on that computer and use VNC client on Anfroid or iOS tablet.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
6 hours ago, ohshitgorillas said:

I am actually getting regular dropouts now trying to stream 24/192 source material from the local drive into HQPlayer. I am using sinc-M and ASDM7EC-super 512+fs to DSD 48x512. This worked flawlessly with redbook material. My GPU is only running at 45% and the CPU is at 16% to do this so there's plenty of power left.

10 hours ago, ohshitgorillas said:

last night I tried to use sinc-L in combination with ASDM7EC-super 512+fs but hqplayer refused to play any music

On 12/22/2023 at 9:45 PM, ohshitgorillas said:

I am running HQPlayer OS on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Pi2AES hat. I am not running HQPlayer Embedded on the media server, as I'd prefer my HQPlayer to be at least somewhat portable.

Does it mean you are attempting the above filter / modulator combinations at DSD512 on Pi4?? If so, you are asking way too much from your Pi4 as HQPlayer computer. Or do you run it on some other computer? I did not find any other specs in this thread. Consider to add your computer basic specs and DAC model into your signature. It would help others to address your issues. You cannot expect that everybody will search your specs in multiple pages long thread...

Do you have [x] 48k DSD and [x] Auto rate family in HQPlayer Embedded checked? That helps to play 48k rates on DACs which support 48k DSD like your Holo.

You need to experiment self what for filters/modulators are running at which DSD rates on your setup.

Try lighter modulators than ASDM7EC-super 512+fs or lower output DSD rate, if the higher one does not work.

If you like sinc-M at lower DSD rates, you can give a try for example to sinc-medium or poly-sinc-long-lp-2s on higher rates.
sinc-L may not work for you even at DSD256. Try sinc-LI or sinc-Lm instead.

44 minutes ago, ohshitgorillas said:

I'm just confused because the PC is far from maxing out, I can run poly-sinc-gauss-xla to DSD512 using the ASDM7super 512+fs shaper perfectly smoothly. Some material stutters with lower power filters. And sinc-L refuses to play with that modulator, period.

Having low CPU utilization does not indicate that CPU+GPU will finish processing a sample within 1/fs seconds. Processor clock frequency is more important for real time apps than utilization. CPU utilization says that your CPU would be able handle other tasks too but it does not tell how fast their processing would be. For real time apps you need speed and that is given by CPU clock.

Although your computer may be enough powerful to run a wide set of filters at DSD512, it most probably cannot handle sinc-L, sinc-long, poly-sinc-hb-l and long non-2s filters which are the most demanding filters of all. Try lighter ones.