IGNORED

Magico S1 MkII Floor Standing Loudspeakers - UK Based

Magico S1 MkII Floor Standing Loudspeakers - UK Based

On offer are my beautiful Magico S1 MkIIs Loudspeakers. I woke one morning with sudden sensorineural hearing loss in one ear, which rendered my entire system redundant, hence the sale. Until this incident, I had absolutely no intention of parting with these wonderful loud speakers. I had them installed in a near field listening position and had never owned loudspeakers before that could image and involve the listener in the music quite like these speakers can. In my system, the speakers completely disappeared, to create 4 dimensional venues with musicians providing incredibly realistic performances.
The monocoque enclosure of the S1 is formed from a single elliptical aluminium extrusion ca. 1cm thick and 30cm in diameter, extensively braced and damped using Magico’s proprietary processes to reduce resonance and maximise rigidity. The result is a very neutral sounding sealed enclosure with no square edges to cause diffraction. The elegant top plate is extensively machined with an 3D convex shape to enhance rigidity and minimize internal standing wave reflections.

The enclosure is coated in an extremely hardwearing, scratch resistant M-Cast Bronze finish.

The enclosure sits on a 4 point outrigger assembly to which either the standard floor spikes or optional SPOD footers are attached.

Drivers comprise Magico’s extremely extended and gorgeously detailed 2.5cm (1”) diamond coated Beryllium diaphragm tweeter, first seen on the S7, that provides wide dispersion and high power handing capabilitIes. Bass and mid-range frequencies are handled by Magico’s 17.5cm (7”) mid-bass driver that incorporates multi-wall carbon nanotube and nano-graphene technologies, resulting in a 20% lighter, 300% stiffer cone than the already great sounding MkI version of these loudspeakers. The result is an utterly seamless low bass to shimmering sparkling tops that seem to utterly defy the physical limitations of a 2 way design.
In an appropriate listening room, the speakers absolutely disappear to immerse the listener in a mesmerising 4 dimensional sound-field that is frankly hard to reconcile with 2 channel stereo.

The sealed enclosure makes for unproblematic and uncomplicated room positioning. The addition of the optional SPOD footers results in some of the most organic, physically present, timbrally rich and detailed bass I’ve ever heard, once again contradicting the theoretical limitations of a 2 way design. There is nothing ‘light-weight’ about how these speakers sound, being both rich and full bodied. Magico must be justifiably proud of just how full range these speakers sound in the right room and with matching ancilliary equipment.

In summary, I spent a lot of time and effort optimising the network and source that fed these loudspeakers and they responded to those efforts by simply sounding better and better, more involving, my convincing, more physical, more gorgeous. I realise this is a sales pitch, but I hope what comes across is just how much I loved these loudspeakers and just how incredibly beautiful they sounded. When I lost my hearing I lost a set of keys to audio paradise. If my hearing ever comes back I would buy another pair in a heartbeat, so for the price, these loudspeakers represent a genuine audio bargain in terms of their sonic abilities. RRP £26,998

Price £9,200. (Nine Thousand, two hundred Pounds Sterling)

Optional SPOD footers £1,290 

Collection from Stockton-on-Tees area

National or International shipment via courier by arrangement with buyer 

• Seller
    Blackmorec
  • Date
    10/09/23
  • Price
    11,200.00 USD
  • Category