IGNORED

Release of Sonic Orbiter Operating System v2.9 for the Rendu Series

On 8/22/2023 at 5:51 AM, topside3 said:

Anyone notice more audio drop-outs with v2.9? Also seems to lose connection requiring a reboot of the opticalRendu if I switch tracks quickly. Using it as a Roon endpoint only.

I've also experienced connection issues with my ultraRendu roughly every 24 hours. While the sound quality has vastly improved and I'd like to stay on v2.9, this problem is becoming quite bothersome. I'm using it as a Roon endpoint as well.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

That can be a router lease time setting. Try to log into your router and bump lease time to its max.

Thank you for the swift advice. On my dial-up router which distributes DHCP in my network, I cannot adjust the DHCP lease time. Furthermore, under previous OS versions, my ultraRendu operated flawlessly for more than 24 hours in this setting. I haven't observed such connection dropouts with any other network equipment either. I wonder if there were any significant changes regarding the network functionality in v2.9?

On 8/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, vortecjr said:

If you are able to manage the Rendu then try going to settings and press save to restore playback.

After pressing the 'Save Changes' button and rebooting my ultraRendu, exactly 24 hours later, the connection to the Roon server was lost in the middle of music playback. While I can still see the ultraRendu from sonicorbiter.com, pressing the 'Manage' button does not grant me access to it. The only remedy in this state seems to be unplugging and then re-plugging the power adapter. I'd like to note that I never experienced this issue with v2.8. I'm curious, is this symptom unique to my setup, or might it be related to some specific settings or functionalities introduced in v2.9?