IGNORED

which power supply for motherboard SOTM sMB-Q370 + clock sCLK-EX 24/25

16 minutes ago, Nenon said:

Yes, the HDPlex should have plenty of power for this combo. 

Several years ago, you could look at the CPU TDP, add a little bit of headroom, and you are all set. 

These days the CPU TDP is completely useless. You can see a 95W TDP CPU that peaks at 350W. 

Having said that, your 65W TDP CPU should be okay with a 200W power supply. And the HDPlex at 400W has plenty of power. 

Yes, there are plenty of choices out there.

However, the best option I've heard to power a motherboard / CPU below 100W is a DIY Unregulated Power Supply and the Taiko DC to DC ATX. And I have heard many! It's a lot more expensive than the HDPlex, but it's also in a completely different league. 

There are many linear power supplies out there (I build some too) but nothing gets close to a good unregulated linear power supply + the GaN regulated Taiko DC to DC ATX.

Some people may argue about that (especially manufacturers who have vested interest in their linear power supplies), and that's fine. I am just sharing my experience. 

@cpasmoi As someone who started out with an HDPlex LPS and their 800W DC/ATX I can 100% attest to Nenon’s comment that the ULPS and Taiko DC/ATX is in a completely different ballpark.  I am using the Sotm MB and SCLKEX as well. If you can swing it is well worth the expense.

Good luck with your build.

Mike

IMG_6923.jpeg