IGNORED

Article: The Dark Side of the Moon in Dolby TrueHD Atmos

I went to my local record store yesterday looking for goodies and he has one copy of this left.  But it is (gulp) $329.  Is that Atmos mix really worth THAT much?  I mean, I already have an original MoFi DSOTM that I bought new in the 80's and the multichannel SACD mixed by Guthrie. I am only lacking the 4.1 Parsons mix. Is that included in this set too?

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took a listen to the Atmos mix on Apple music last evening and I agree that it is a revelatory mix; even compared to Guthrie's prior 5.1 for the SACD.  Even with a lossy codec, it has never sounded better and the overheads are in use --just enough-- to really enhance the vertical cues.  I'm still unsure I I will spend up for the bluray in the super deluxe.  That is a lot of bones for a record that I listen to every few years at most. It's like Heavy Weather, one of the recordings that I keep buying anew each time it is offered in a better different format.  At one point I had that album on two different half-speed mastered Columbia/Sony LPs, CD, 24k Gold CD Sony Masterdisk, and SACD.  If they remix it in surround or Atmos....

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg