IGNORED

MQA filter on jplay for ios

bbc802

I've been juggling between quobuz and tidal as quobuz keeps skipping, but since I rely on jplay as a renderer, MQA streams on tidal just don't play (I understand that's expected) and I basically need to restart jplay everytime I wrongly launch an MQA track or when my wife does.

Does any of you know if there is a way to filter out MQA results of jplay for ios by any chance?

On 2/9/2023 at 8:14 PM, Marcin_gps said:

If you set your TIDAL configuration to HIFI in the app's setting screen, it will play the files as standard flacs (16/44)

So I did try tonight after switching setting in jplay for ios for tidal to HIFI (both under WiFi and Mobile network) and I still get the "error sending action to renderer". I tried checking then the safe transition option for jplay femto with no improvement.

For the record, my streamer is not connected through WiFi but is on a wired lan, controlled from jplayfor ios running on the ipad through wifi.

So did I misinterprete your comment Marcin and were you only referring to the tidal subscription type to change my subscription to hifi instead of Hifi+. If not, I'll submit an error log for tracking.