IGNORED

Article: Reevaluating My Music Storage - Update

22 hours ago, Bertel said:

Many thanks for mentioning / pointing me to iDrive. Prices for online storage / backup space and solutions have really come down even further recently, and iDrive‘s backup features/functionalities make it very easy.

I use a Synology DS1821+, have subscribed to iDrive and have just downloaded the iDrive app right onto my Synology NAS - love to manage backup right there directly. Although I‘m just at ~9TB yet, the calculated backup upload duration atm is 62 days and 3 hours though 🤣

Idrive will ship you a USB drive and a return mailer. They then will upload your files to their servers locally, which takes about a week after they get the drive back. That works well - as it must, because that really is the only way that cloud storage possibly works with a large collection, a data cap, and asymmetric internet, which most of us have. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s