IGNORED

Availability of high resolution music

So I'm kind of new to the audiophile world still, only having purchased a computer-based system that I could call an audiophile setup recently. I've basically used just ALAC/FLAC CD-quality music for awhile or high quality MP3s, but now that I have equipment that is capable of playing back higher resolution music, I'd certainly like to buy some. As far as I know, the only way to get 24/96 music is from LPs, DVD audio, and stores like HDtracks. I don't have the equipment or knowledge to rip audio from LPs, and the selection from websites seems to be very limited. They seem to have a lot of nice classical recordings, but I also like a lot of pop/rock/hip-hop/etc. music. I know one of my favorite bands, the Pixies, has a box set with DVD/Bluray audio that I'll probably eventually buy, but I can't seem to find much else for other artists, especially newer ones. Do most of these kinds of musicians simply not release high resolution music, or are there places I can't find that have a good DVD-audio selection, or some other resource I'm missing?

Macbook Pro -> Audirvana+ -> Meridian Explorer -> Objective2 Amplifier -> Westone ES5 IEMs

• 2 weeks later...

You will find at this time that most Pop/Rock titles are very, very limited in availability in high res (24bit). A few more classic rock titles had been released over the past few months (George Harrison, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty etc) but that is about it. Some sites like Rhino do offer CD quality downloads of popular titles but not high res.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa